Anila Sunder (Hindi:अनिला सुंदर, Sindhi: انيلا سُندر), born 11.11.1951, in Ulhasnagar, Dist. Thane, Maharashtra is a director and choreographer of Sindhi dance ballets during the last 25 years.
Anila Sunder is a director and choreographer of Sindhi dance ballets during the last 25 years. At the age of 7, Anila was assertive of what she wanted to be a Dancer. By the age of 11, she passed her examination in Kathak dancing from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad. She complited her education and passed with master's degree in Clinical Psychology and even had a short stint at Jai Hind College as Lecturer. In 1977, she was invited to participate in the festival of Dance and Music in Tehran, Iran. Her fame began to radiate far and wide alongside the western Asia.
Family of Anila Sunder
- Father : Dr. Gobind Makhijani
- Mother : Dr. Nanki Makhijani
- Sister : Hiru
- Husband : Sunder Nachnaney
- Daughter : Rachna
- Award as Distinguished Artiste, 1994 ( At Mumbai by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
- ‘Jhulelal’ Award, 1990 (At Mumbai by International Sindhi Panchayat Federation).
- Award For Vocational Excellence, 1999 (At Mumbai by Rotary Club of Bombay West).
- ‘Sikka Sajan Jee’ (Love Legends of Sind).
- ‘Sindhyat Jee Surhan’ (Festivals of Sindhis).
- ‘Theeu Na Juda Jani Munkhan’ Life of a Sindhwarki Businessman.
- ‘Sindhu’, Culture of Mohen-jo-Daro.
- ‘Geet Govind’, Immortal poems of poet Jaidev in praise of Lord Krishna and his beloved Radha.
- ‘Sindh Munhinjee Amaa’, Trials and tribulations of Sindhis post Partition scenario.
- 'Sikka' History of Sindh
- 'Zaal.. Kadenh Zer, Kadenh Zabar' Depicting diffirent facets of Woman's life.
- Jai Jhulelal
- Pyar kare Dis