Jump to navigation Jump to search
Name : Mrs. Barkha Jagdish Khushalani
DOB : 30-08-1959
Occupation: Retired from AIR INDIA as Manager
About: Barkha Khushalani (Sindhu) is the daughter of Daadi Paru Chawla. A poetess, columnist, translator and promoter of Sindhi music and culture, Barkha Khushalani is also a co-manager of Sita Sindhu Bhavan.
- 2014 : Translated Sindhi stories penned by Mr. Thakur Chawla (My father) into English - ‘Spice of life’
- 2015 : Translated Biography of Mr. Harish Dubey written in Sindhi by Mr. Holaram Hans into English - ‘A Passionate Sindhi’
- 2016 : Translated English stories penned by Mrs. Sudha Murty from her book ‘The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk’ into Sindhi (Devnagiri and Arabic
Scripts) 'मूं खीरु पीअणु छॾे ॾिनो’
- 2016 : Translated English proverbs & sayings written by Dr. Abdul Kalam in English into Sindhi (both scripts) named 'सोनहरी सुखनि'
- 2018 : Penned poems for children in Sindhi (both scripts) called ‘ॾाढी थी वणी ’
- 2019 :
- (A) Translated English book ‘Sindhiyat’ written by Mr. Tulsidas Pahuja into Sindhi Devanagari script.
- (B) Translated Sahitya Award winning book in Hindi ‘पराया’ into Arabic Sindhi.
- (C) Translated The Life of Sant Sahib Wadhuram from Arabic Sindhi into
- Contributing Poems and Articles in Sindhi and English towards ‘The Hindvasi’
Sindhi Weekly newspaper.
- 2019 : (A) Won an Award from Maharashtra Sindhi Sahitya Academy in September 2019 for the book ‘मूं खीरु पीअणु छॾे ॾिनो’
- 2020 : NCPSL Award for ‘ॾाढी थी वणी’
Books written by Barkha Khushalani
- Daadi Thee Vane book of Sindhi Poems in Sindhi & Devanagari Script
- Sindhiyat Book, translation in Sindhi